Happy Friday! We hope you all had a great week, and that you had the chance to read, watch, or play some great science fiction or fantasy.
I'm currently reading Dante's Inferno for a class--not quite fantasy as we know it today, but certainly fantasy-adjacent. And I have plans to watch some Doctor Who this weekend. What about you? Let us know what you're reading, watching, or playing in the comments!
- As you have probably guessed by now, I'm a huge Dark Tower fan, and so it's almost guaranteed that at least one of these posters will be making its way into my home. If only they were for real movies, I could die happy. (hartter.blogspot.com)
- If the vintage movie poster look isn't your style, perhaps this painting of Inigo Montoya is what you're looking for. (Aunt Peaches)
- Unusual portrayals of Batman--in stained glass and from a Cubist perspective. (Geeks are Sexy/Tumblr)
- Henry VIII's very steampunk helmet. (Royal Armouries)
- Maybe if video games were marketed this way--with covers like Penguin Classic books--people would stop complaining about how video games are the death of reading. And even if not, they sure look cool! (Imgur)
- Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer recently had great success getting their project funded on Kickstarter, and here's another one that looks like it could be awesome. I'm considering donating $125, since then I'd get to be a 3D hologram member of the Astronaut Academy Space Council and most likely a secret Space Ranger! (neilgaiman/Kickstarter)
Hope you all have a great weekend!